Speaking schedule is found at the bottom of this page.
Do you need a speaker for an event? Ken is available to talk to your group or organization on any of the following topics:
- How to add plant-based menu options to your campus dining program – There is a growing demand for healthy plant based options in school cafeterias. Learn how can you create a more sustainable menu.
- How to ask your school for more plant based menu items – This presentation is especially good for student and / or parent groups who want to know how to approach school administrators.
- Dining trends – In this presentation I speak to Institutional food service professionals about the increasing demand for plant-based menus and how to successfully meet that demand through innovative menus and marketing.
- Food waste and reduction programs – Over 40% of all the food produced in the world is wasted. How can food service organizations and consumers reduce food waste
- Factory farming and the environment – How factory farming is bad for your health and for the environment.
- Locally grown – how food service organizations and consumers can work with local farmers to get fresh, organic locally grown foods.
Ken Botts is a food service consultant, speaker, and blogger. In 2009 he designed and developed the nations first all vegan dining hall at the University of North Texas. His ideas and insights have appeared in media outlets including; USA Today, The Dallas Morning News, Green Source DFW, ABC news, Food Service Director Magazine and VegNews. Ken uses his 35+ years of food service experience to help restaurants and food service organizations implement plant-based menus and concepts. His mission in life is to help make the world a better place one plate at a time.
UPCOMING SPEAKING SCHEDULE
- July 25, 2015 — NACUFS National Convention / Simple Strategies for a Healthier Menu – Indianapolis, IN
- July 7, 2015 – Humane Society of the United States / Food Froward – Santa Barbara, CA
- May 27, 2015 Humane Society of the United States / Food Froward – Dartmouth University – Hanover, NH
- May 19, 2015 – Humane Society of the United States / Food Froward – American University – Washington, DC
- Jan 14, 2015 – Humane Society of the United States / Food Froward – Houston, TX
- Jan 12 & 13, 2015 – 2 day chef training | Harvard University Dining – Cambridge, MA